Janna Douville EastwoodJanna joined the firm in 2004 and practices in the areas of commercial litigation and white-collar defense in both state and federal courts. She also has significant experience in government investigations and internal investigations.
Prior to joining Levett Rockwood, Janna was a legal research law clerk at the Connecticut Superior Court. She received a bachelor of arts degree, magna cum laude, in 1999 from Villanova University, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi. She received her law degree, magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 2003, where she was a member of the Villanova Sports and Entertainment Law Journal.
Janna's experience includes:
- The representation of a defendant implicated in the multi-billion dollar litigations alleging illegal bid-rigging and accounting fraud against American International Group, including a federal securities action and three shareholder derivative actions in state and federal court.
- The representation of a Connecticut-based hedge fund that made a multi-million dollar investment in notes issued by an entity that subsequently collapsed after having been revealed to be a so-called Ponzi scheme, defending against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, securities fraud, common law fraud and negligence.
- The defense of the former chairman of a large transportation company against a claim for tortious interference with business expectancy by the corporation's former general counsel.
- An internal investigation at a large private school regarding possible misuse of endowment funds.
- An internal investigation at a large commercial financing company regarding anti-money laundering compliance with federal law.
Janna currently resides in Monroe, Connecticut with her husband and daughter.