Employment LawWe provide advice to management on a wide range of employment issues such as:
- Wrongful discharge, termination and severance procedures and policies.
- Wage and Hour law compliance.
- Americans with Disabilities Act issues.
- Compliance with anti-discrimination laws.
- Compliance with the Family and Medical Leave acts (both federal and state).
- Drafting and negotiating employment contracts, executive compensation and separation packages, stock-based compensation plans, etc.
- Preparation of employee handbooks.
- Structuring employee benefits.
- Administering tax-qualified benefit plans.
- Duties of in-house fiduciaries of tax-qualified benefit plans.
- Seminars for our clients on employment law topics such as sexual harassment.
- Investigating and resolving sexual harassment and other discrimination claims.
- Enforcement of noncompetition and nondisclosure agreements.
- Compliance with electronic and e-mail monitoring laws (both federal and state).
- Trade secrets protection.
- Identifying and resolving employee privacy and security issues.
We also represent employers in proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) and the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO), and in employment-related litigation in state and federal court.
See Commercial Litigation for additional information.