Mergers and Acquisitions
Our extensive experience in M&A includes structuring, negotiating and closing of acquisitions and divestitures of businesses and entities for companies in a wide variety of industries. Our experience encompasses not just commercial transactions, but also antitrust concerns, minority shareholder rights issues, transitional needs, human resources, customer service, inventory management, cross licensing needs, regulatory compliance, taxation and individual planning, estates and trusts. We participate in the due diligence investigation for targets and purchasers. We also advise our clients on the related commercial real estate, environmental, employment and intellectual property issues that accompany most mergers and acquisitions.
Click here for a full list of recent transactions (PDF).
- Acquisition of a New York City-based textiles manufacturer and distributor, including related secured financing and the follow on acquisition of the operating assets of a distributor of textiles to the hospitality industry with national and Canadian operations, resulting in an entity with consolidated annual revenues of greater than $200 million.
- Acquisition of a manufacturer of metal racks and parts primarily for the automotive industry, two companies engaged in the motor oil distribution business and a construction company for fire sprinklers, and the sale of a printing and mailing company, for a Swiss investment group managed by a private equity client.
- Acquisition and merger of two competitive businesses and the simultaneous preferred equity financing by venture capital investors, followed by the sale of the company several years later in a stock merger with a related enterprise, in connection with an automotive parts aftermarket business.
- Acquisitions of regional distributors for the telecommunications, utility and municipal industries in the western, southeastern and southern regions of the United States for a NYSE diversified global manufacturer of construction, infrastructure and mining-related capital equipment with annual revenue in excess of $3 billion.
- Aggregation of regional brokerage firms to form nationwide insurance brokerage service organization.
- Sales of aluminum ingot casting and drawn tube aluminum extrusion facilities in North Carolina.
- Strategic divestiture of disulfonates manufacturing business by chemicals manufacturer.
- Sale of marketing and promotion business to NYSE worldwide advertising and related services company.
- Acquisition of West Coast wine-related supply and manufacturing business.
- Sale of a specialty die mold manufacturer to a British public company for cash and convertible rights to shares listed on the London Stock Exchange.